Monday 12 October 2009

Sheffield!

Oy!

Two shows in Nottingham, first one was a real struggle, the stage was had no depth what so ever, but we stepped it up in the second show.

Arrived in Sheffield yesterday, only took an hour so we had lots of free time. Found a great studentbar with cheap burgers and beer, and some good coffee, yey.. Sheffield beats Nottingham so far I must say..

Just had our first show in Sheffield today, almost sold out, very nice, the stage is leaning alot though so we have to lock and unlock Daniels wheelchair every 2 seconds, not so nice, but a good challenge! A bit scary to dance on a 2 n a half meters high box when the floor is leaning..

Bianca arrived from Sweden this morning! She will be playing Miss Martini when Jennie leaves for Stockholm. I know I said there will be others from the cast blogging and that I will put up a list with all the names and what they're doin in the show.. I will, soon I promise!

Off to bed, rehearsels tmrw, then another show, sleep well..

byebye

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I want to take my 10 year old but have been told by the theatre that it's not suitable but couldn't say why. Can you give me a rough sketch of what you consider to be the "adult" themes. If it's your decision that children don't attend then I'll accept that and come on my own.
    Cheers and really looking forward to the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are characters acting very mean in the show. In some scenes they are making fun of and hurting other characters in a quite rough way. There are also scenes that alludes to sex.

    The show has alot of humor aswell and scenes that, if you ask me, a 10-yearold would enjoy alot.
    I think if you are familiar to the story you understand it better.

    Also, bring earplugs for your kid, there are some high surprising sounds.


    Hope I gave the answer you needed. let me know if you have any other questions.

    Hope you will enjoy the show!

    /Robert

    ReplyDelete