Friday 30 October 2009

Harry’s Bounce blog

Scotland: Today was an interesting day. After rehearsing with Edo as Dawid’s part I went to eat a Knickerbocker glorry. Not had one since I was twelve.

On my return I found out it was Lisa, the master of swing to do Dawid. I had to reprogramme the lights, fix what we needed for the show.


The show it self went to plan for me as all my cues were on time. Even the light dolls cue was right which has been a problem but now it’s ten times in a row!!!

________________________________________________________


Some word’s from Harry Haywood - king of lightning.


So what went down in Edinburgh was a run through with Edo as Dawid, Lisa as Edo and Gaby as her self and Lisa. It was a bit shaky... In these kind of situations, I often ask my self ”What would Jennie do?”. So we called her up and what she would have done is to put Lisa as one of the guards. Since Lisa has been playing Nurse Ratched for several shows in London, she sort of has an idea of what the guards are doing. At least some parts. So, 90 minutes before show, the news reached the rest of the crew and Lisa started rehearsing. Just before the curtains opened, she was learing the first routin in her ”schizo” custume! I honestly doubt that that anyone else could pull this off but our Lisa. The Swedish support were like three proud mothers in the audience and I don’t really think they understand what a great job Lisa did. All props to her!!!


<------- Laidback "swing master" Lisa





No comments:

Post a Comment